Sunday, September 21, 2008

My study sessions

Yo! Here I am to discuss a little about self-study sessions. Its those nights whr i put down the books/notes and start reading them as if i were genuinely interested. First, I shall give apersonal anecdote.

Scenario: EMSpec retest

And so this was how my (last min) study session for the EMSpec retest went. I had to take a retest cos I almost failed miserably in the 1st test (i got 23/40). I think it happened at least 3-4 weeks ago.

I came back from school and dilly-dallied.

After the usual dilly-dallying, I finally decided to take a shower. (7.30 pm)

Then I dragged my lazy body onto the bed and lazed a little more.

After complaining about how its so unfair that I must b all screwy with my studies (i really am getting lazy, crap) at this impt time I finally got to the desk, switched on my computer and started talking crap with some fwens.

After I finished the chatting, it was time to......



Sleep.

And thus ended my last minute study session for EMSpec reTest. I gotta admit that while I like the idea of studying hard for exams i cant sit down for more than an hour reading the same thing over and over. Its jus boring. Moreover, with 2 laptops filled with fresh, funfilled memory to use, its even harder to focus. So, one way i have come up to overcome the problem is to separate my study sessions from the computer as far as possible. yay

Of course, that's easier said than done, as many would agree. I do alot of my studying on wikipedia in supplement to my notes. Yea, the educational institutes may disregard it but its not that bad actually. It does have a strong information base to work with. So, I'm struggling with the problem of distraction while studying on wiki for my tests n exams. ><

Yep. So, bottom line, whenever i have a study session, and actually study, i use wiki.

PS. those who know my EMSpec results should note that i did study the next morning.

No comments: